Say Hello to Google Analytics 4
January 25, 2021
2 minute read
Share this Post:
Google Analytics has a new property! It was released into beta in October of last year and is now the default for all new properties. GA4 is the future and full of new features and improvements to help you make smarter marketing decisions and improve your ROI.
Google Analytics 4 vs. Universal Analytics: What’s Different?
- GA4 is built with the power of Google’s Machine Learning at its core, to automatically uncover insights from your data that will improve marketing performance
- GA4 brings together app and web data at scale to provide a more complete understanding of the customer journeys from acquisition to retention
- GA4 was built to be future proof and will scale with your business. Modeling will work with or without cookies or identifies so you can learn about your customer even with gaps in your data
New Features You Will Want to Know About
- Event editing and synthesis can be done right in the user interface
- You can upload data outside of web and app directly into GA4
- Cross domain measurement is now supported and can be set up in the user interface
- Life cycle reporting is supported
At Orchard, many of our clients large and small, rely on Google Analytics to understand customer preferences and create better experiences for them. In the past year, we’ve see accelerated growth in eCommerce, pressure to make every marketing dollar count, shifts in consumer behaviors, and privacy updates roll out to keep up with the industry standards.
To help you get better ROI from your marketing for the long term, Google Analytics 4 is built on the foundation of the App + Web property. It has machine learning at its core to automatically surface helpful insights and give you a complete understanding of your customers across devices and platforms. It has a privacy-centric design, so you can rely on Analytics even as industry changes like restrictions on cookies and identifiers create gaps in your data. The new Google Analytics 4 will give you the essential insights you need to be ready for what is next.
How to Stay Rooted During an Economic Downturn
The Google Algorithm is Economics Agnostic (And Other Reasons Why Investing In a Solid Digital Marketing Program is Smart During Times Like These)...
The Halo Effect, UX & How to Increase User Perceptions
Have you ever visited a website and thought, “Wow. This site is well designed. They must have a great product?” On the other hand, have you ever...